The Glen Oban Community was developed from a 200-acre farm bought by Samuel and Betty Ann Foster in 1946. The farm included a two-story stable with silo, a milk house, a windmill with engine shed, and three homes.
(photo courtesy of Arnold, Maryland and Neighbors on the Broadneck by Alberta Stornetta)
In 1970, the farm was developed by Marina America Inc. into the present community beginning with the first plot at 121 Glen Oban Drive in 1972. Many of the names in the community come from Scotland, which made a lasting impression on the Fosters when they bought the farm after World War II.
Courtesy of Michael Calabrese, CFP, MBA
A complete history of our community has been generously provided by Michael Calabrese and can be viewed here