HISTORY OF GLEN OBAN
Photo Credit: Arnold, Maryland and Neighbors on the Broadneck by Alberta Stornetta
The Glen Oban Community was developed from a 200-acre farm bought by Samuel and Betty Ann Foster in 1946. The farm included a two-story stable with silo, a milk house, a windmill with engine shed, and three homes.
In 1970, the farm was developed by Marina America, Inc. into the present community beginning with the first plot at 121 Glen Oban Drive in 1972. Many of the street names in the community come from Scotland: Argyll, Kinloch, Dalkeith and Fenwick, which made a lasting impression on the Fosters when they bought the farm after World War II.
Illustration Credit: Michael Calabrese